Tonia and Steeped Tea Consultants can’t get enough of matcha, green tea. Tonia is always thinking up new creations for the next best matcha blend or favorite recipe. Who can blame her? The #MeetYourMatcha movement is taking the Steeped Tea world by storm!
As if you didn’t need to know more about this superfood green tea to fall further in love, we’re here to give you more facts and tips about matcha:
Quick Facts About Matcha
- Our matcha is from the fields of Nishio, Japan where the best matcha is grown dating back to the 1200’s. Now that’s what we like to call tradition!
- Matcha comes from the camellia sinensis plant; the same plant that black, white, oolong, yellow, dark, and green teas come from. However, matcha has a very different growth, harvest and production cycle than all others. The leaves are shaded prior to harvest. They are steamed, dried and ground into the fine green powder we have come to love.
- Matcha’s nutritional content is naturally high in amino acids and antioxidants and is highly nutritious. It has the highest level of antioxidant count known in nature with 68 times more antioxidants than blueberries per gram.
The great thing about matcha is that it has so many uses!
What Tonia Loves About Matcha
- Tonia loves that matcha is great in many types of drinks including lattes, smoothies and lemonade! It gives the extra energy boost and provides a calm-alertness.
- She can take her matcha anywhere. Matcha is great carried in a Pop Top Tumbler on the way to the office or in the park with the kids!
- Matcha is wonderful in a multitude of foods and baked goods. She’s always experimenting with matcha in her breakfasts and dinner menu to provide Consultants with new ideas to show off Steeped Tea’s matcha.
With over seven flavors of matcha, there is a blend for every level of matcha drinker. Try this premium, pure, powdered green tea by whisking it the traditional way – in our Matcha Bowl and Bamboo Whisk Set.
Oh one more thing, have you tried Tonia’s Matcha Chia Pudding yet? We’re obsessed!
What’s your favorite thing about matcha? Tell us on our Facebook Page.