Posted on: June 25, 2012
With the wave of heat overcoming most of us, we are all trying to find ways to keep cool. Now you don’t have to sit by the window fanning yourself waiting for the ringing of the ice cream truck to come down the street to enjoy a cool, tasty treat – just reach into your cupboard, grab your favourite tea, and follow these SIMPLE instructions!
Great for the kids in your lives, or if you are feeling hot and nostalgic, tea popsicles will help cool you down on hot days, or satisfy that sweet tooth!
What You’ll Need
- Your tea of choice
- Sugar or sweetener
- Bodum Jug (Code: 9220) for steeping, mixing, and easy pouring!
- Monster Fun Pops
- Friends and family to share them with :)
- Pick your favourite tea flavour. We suggest full, summery, flavoured ones (Why not try: Bella Coola, Lady Layla , Cosmopolitan or Peaches and Cream)
- Brew your tea at double strength. Use twice the amount of leaves you’d usually use and steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain your tea leaves.
- Add your preferred sweetener. And plenty of it! As your tea freezes it will lose some of the sweetness in flavour so make sure to add a good amount!
- Optional Step! – You can also try adding in other ingredients if you wish, like lemon juice, finely chopped mint leaves, pureed fruit, etc. – No matter what you choose, make sure you stir it very well!
- Put into Popsicle moulds. - use your Monster Fun Pops! (Code: 9295) (Which is also BPA free!) (Can also put into heat safe, freezer safe, plastic cups with spoons sticking out)
- After the first hour stir the mixture, and then keep them in the freezer until frozen.
- The best step yet – EAT and ENJOY them!
Just make sure you make enough! After one batch, the whole street will be lining up at your door!
(Bella Coola – Code: 3031, 3032. Lady Layla – Code:3041, 3042. Cosmopolitan – Code: 3101, 3102. Peaches and Cream – Code: 5101, 5102)