Orange and Walnut Scones Recipe
Posted on: March 27, 2012
Orange and Walnut Scones
- 1 pkg Steeped Tea Scone Mix
- ½ tsp Ginger, ground
- Grated zest and freshly squeezed juice from 1 orange
- 2 pieces Ginger root, chopped
- ¼ cup Walnut pieces
- Follow the instructions on your Steeped Tea Scone Mix and add ground ginger, orange zest, walnuts and chopped ginger to the dry mix.
- Then add your 4 tablespoons of butter and mix with pastry cutter.
- Make a well in center.
- Mix your ½ cup of cream with orange juice and egg (mixture will curdle a little bit).
- Pour mixture into well and bring it all together into a soft dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Gently pat or roll out to about 1 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with Devon Double Cream and your favourite jam and Steeped Tea.