Easy Layered Taco Pie Recipe
Posted on: March 26, 2012
Easy Layered Taco Pie
Serves: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound (500g) lean ground beef
- 4 tbsp Steeped Tea Fiesta Rooibos Dip Mix
- ½ cup water
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inch), cut into squares
- 1 cup Steeped Tea Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Place meat in a microwavable (plastic) colander set over microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes, stirring and breaking up every 2 minutes.
- Discard any fat that collects in bowl.
- Transfer crumbled meat into 9 inch microwavable dish.
- Stir in Steeped Tea Fiesta Rooibos Dip mix and water.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- REMOVE half of the meat mixture and set aside.
- Place 8 tortilla quarters on top of remaining meat mixture in pie plate.
- Top with reserved meat mixture and remaining 8 tortilla quarters.
- Top with Steeped Tea Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa and shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 4 minutes and top with lettuce, green onions and sour cream just before serving.
Made entirely in the microwave!